My most recent images are posted on Facebook and Flickr
I have enjoyed photographing hummingbirds over two decades with multiple Speedlites. In order to simultaneously control three or more Speedlites, I have used a variety of methods that include:
• Photoelectric slaves attached to the Speedlites
• PC cords and three-way PC Flash Connectors
• The camera’s pop-up flash set to the Master mode
• Canon ST-E2 optical controller
• Another Speedlite in the camera’s hot shoe set to Master
• The ST-E3-RT Canon radio flash controller
Click on the link to view a PDF of the full article.
Matrix metering is a useful choice for photographing the bull elk in Jasper National Park. Everything is close to middle-tonality or just a little brighter - light tan fur and grass - so perhaps a little + EV is needed to expose to the right.